Thursday, September 21, 2006

Wednesday 09/20/06 12:25am

Wednesday 09/20/06 12:25am
I sit in the 300 yen bar and order something. I'm waiting around for someone to talk to. It's noticeably slow tonight. I can't really find anyone so I just sort of enjoy the surrounding and try to observe. After awhile a young Korean guy comes in and sits at the table next to me. There are about 6 people in there in two groups. I asked him if he was Japanese and he told me he was Korean but lots of people mistake him for Japanese. His name is Heyung (I know I won't spell it right later.) He speaks very decent English. He's 24 and has been to America for a year during school in Oregon. I tell him I've been to Oregon and I loved it there. He HATED IT. We talk some more and He tells me about how most of the hostesses around here are Korean and ALL the Korean girls here are hostesses. I don't know if I really believe him but I understand that he's just generalizing. I ask him what he thinks about all the hostesses being Korean and he doesn't really answer my question. I have hardly noticed that things have started to pick up with girls getting out of work and more drunk people on the street. He said that he had gotten off work at 9 and hadn't felt like going home to his small apartment so he wonders around a lot. He also says he's been in Tokyo for 8 months but still hasn't seen everything and has sort of gotten lazy and not seen that much. I wish I could think of more things to ask him but he since he's been finished his meal for awhile and there is sort of a lull in the conversation he says it was nice to meet me and excuses himself. I finish my food and wait around a little longer and then leave.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home